General & Cosmetic Dentist
Karisha Lynn Madden, DDS
Bellaire, Meyerland, West U, TX Dentist
Dr. Karisha Lynn Madden was born in Texas and graduated from Stephen F. Austin State University where she received an Honors Degree in Biology and Chemistry and many other collegiate awards. She then continued to gain experience in Pediatric Cardiology as a Research Associate at Baylor College of Medicine and later was the top sales representative for Abbott Pharmaceutical Spine Division in the Greater Houston area. Combining her scientific knowledge and creativity with her interpersonal skills, Dr. Madden pursued a very suitable career in dentistry. Dr. Madden graduated from The University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, Texas.
Dr. Madden’s dental philosophy centers on the patient and includes: patient education, comprehensive care and clinical knowledge. This approach allows her to establish meaningful relationships with her patients based on an understanding that she will continually strive to achieve the very best dental results.
Dr. Madden has always given back to the community through various volunteer organizations, and with regard to dentistry:
- Smiles on Wheels – Annually when this organization visits UTDB at Houston.
- Texas Mission of Mercy - Biannually across the state of Texas.
- San Jose Pediatric Clinic – Volunteered every second Saturday of the month since her second year of dental school.
- Texas Association of Women’s Dentistry – Annual fundraising for various charities.
- UTDB Outreach Program – volunteered at local elementary schools and the community of Jasper, Texas.
- Texas Hispanic Association of Dentistry – Assisted with community education programs.
Dr. Madden is committed to Continuing Education and staying current with the latest research and clinical technologies. She is a keen supporter of local dental study clubs and a frequent contributor to the Texas dental seminars. She has been trained and has used the latest dental technologies including: Cone Beam 3-D head and neck imaging, Cerec CAD/CAM in-office crown fabrication, Restorations over implants, Sybron heated Backfill Root Canal Therapy treatment, minor tooth alignment using Clear Correct technology, minor crown lengthening treatments, painless extractions and many more. Dr. Madden is currently involved in monthly advanced dental studies at the Spear Institute of advanced restorative and esthetic dentistry in Scottsdale, Arizona. Dr. Madden is also currently earning her Fellowship at the Academy of General Dentistry and is actively involved in the following professional organizations:
- Greater Houston Dental Society
- Texas Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Seattle Study Club
- Houston Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Spear Faculty Club Member
Besides dentistry, Dr. Madden also has a passion for exercising, gardening, cooking, painting, swimming, travelling, learning to speak Spanish and spending time with her family and her husband, Rory Madden. She is an active parishioner at St. Vincent de Paul Church.