Lemon Thyme Chicken
Dr. Madden’s Lemon Thyme Chicken with Vegetables
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, divided
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, lightly pounded
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium zucchini
- ½ chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- In a zip lock bag, combine 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons garlic, and 2 teaspoons thyme; season to taste with salt and black pepper. Add chicken breasts, seal the bag, and gently turn to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onion, remaining garlic, edamame, bell pepper and tomatoes; sauté 4 minutes.
- Use a vegetable peeler to slice zucchini into long ribbons. Add zucchini and remaining lemon juice and thyme to vegetables in skillet; sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl, stir in feta, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Remove chicken from marinade and sauté 2 to 3 minutes a side or until cooked through. Serve with vegetables.